Playtabase LLC (doing business as Reemo) designs software products and tools that track health and fitness information to empower and inspire users to lead healthier, more active lives.
Reemo respects your privacy rights. To protect your privacy, we:
- Capture information relevant to the services we provide,
- Are transparent about our data practices, and
- Use technical and physical measures to keep your data safe.
We may update this policy as we improve our Services. The changes we make will apply to information we collect after the changes take effect. We will not materially reduce your privacy rights with respect to information we previously collected without your consent.
1. Reemo’s Purpose
Through the use of wearables and smart home technology, Reemo offers wellness services, messaging capabilities, and gesture-controlled home automation. We use information we collect through your wearable devices to provide you services, identify healthy behaviors, predict your health risks, and improve our automation capabilities.
We also use this information for the public good. We use the information we collect about you and others to help improve our understanding of healthy and risky behaviors. From this information, we can build predictive models to help (i) prevent dangerous injuries, such as broken arms, legs, and hips sustained from unexpected falls, (ii) manage life threatening diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes, and (iii) improve quality of life through effective wellness activities, such as walking, household activities and socializing with friends. By using our services, not only do you work towards a healthier outcome for yourself, but you help us generate the knowledge to help reduce costly and tragic outcomes for seniors around the world.
2. What Information Do We Collect About You?
- Contact information—we will collect your name, email address, and mailing address.
- Device information—we may collect information about devices you use to run our apps or that you use to visit the Site, such as your hardware model, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
- Log information—we may track your use of the Services through activity logs that capture information such as the time and duration of your use of the Service, search query terms you enter through the Services, and any information stored in cookies that we have set on your device.
- Activity based information—if you use one of our apps on your portable or wearable devices, we may capture activity information such as steps, pace, heart rate, sleep patterns.
- Protected health information—we may collect health related information, such as diagnoses and medication use, that helps create a more complete picture of your overall health.
- Location information—if you use one of our apps on your device, we may capture location information such as your device’s GPS signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain Services.
- Communications—if you use our Services to communicate with others, those communications will be transferred through and stored on our systems.
- Payment information—if you elect to purchase one of our products or Services, one of our vendor partners will collect necessary payment information, such as credit card number and billing address, to process your payment for our products and services. This vendor will not share your payment information with us, and we will not have access to your financial information beyond confirmation that you paid our vendor.
- Other information—about your use of the Services, such as the apps you use, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content offered through a Service.
3. How Do We Collect Information About You?
- Directly from you—We collect information directly from you through online forms, when you register to use our Services, and when you use our Services.
- Directly from your devices/computers—we collect some information directly from your devices and computers when you use our Services.
- From social media—we may receive information from social media sources that you choose to connect to or link with our Services, we do not collect information about you from social media unless you take advantage of this feature.
- From health care providers and insurance plans—we may receive data from our trusted business partners if you are treated by or insured by them. This information, and other information combined with it, will be designated as Protected Health Information and protected as required by HIPAA.
- From third parties—we may acquire some of the information described above from publicly or commercially available source.
- We might occasionally contact you via email to request product feedback or explain our services, but we will never initiate a call or an email to you to ask for personal or financial information. If someone calls you claiming to represent us and asks for personal or financial information, please hang up. Then contact us and tell us who called, what they wanted, when they called, and what phone number they called from. If someone claiming to be us sends you an unsolicited email asking for information, please forward the email to the address shown below.
4. How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- To register you or your device for a Service;
- To process or collect payment for our Services
- Tο provide a Service or feature you request;
- To evaluate your overall health and make healthy lifestyle recommendations;
- For assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and Services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and Services and carrying out customer surveys);
- To understand how you use our Services so that we can improve them
We will use information classified as Protected Health Information in accordance with the use restrictions and protections required by HIPAA. We will not use your information in other ways without your express prior consent to do so.
5. How Do We Share Your Information?
Except as noted below, we do not share your information with third parties without your consent. We may share your information with the following entities.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with Reemo affiliates, which includes any Reemo subsidiary or any organization that has common ownership with Reemo.
- Business partners. We work with a limited number of trusted business partners. We may share your information, including Protected Health Information, with these trusted business partners, including healthcare providers and healthcare insurance companies. These business partners may use your information to provide you with services you request, make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, and other materials. In some cases, these Business Partners may pay Reemo for access to the information if you have authorized Reemo to be paid for this information.
- Service providers. We may share your information with companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with product placement, product sales, product installation, support, and billing. These entities may only use your information to provide contracted services to Reemo. We do not share Protected Health Information with these services providers.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our services. There may be instances when we share your information with other parties: • to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- To verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Reemo, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
- Other parties in connection with corporate transactions. We may transfer your information to a third party who acquires all or part of our business as part of a merger, acquisition, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
- Other parties with your consent or at your direction. We may also share information about you with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
We will share information classified as Protected Health Information in accordance with the use restrictions and protections required by HIPAA.
We may use the following technologies to collect certain information about you or the computer you use to visit this website:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Do Not Track Settings. This website does not monitor for or behave differently if your computer transmits a “do not track” or similar beacon or message.
7. What Privacy Choices Do You Have?
To effectively deliver our Services to you, we require access to information about you and your physical activity. If you choose not to share this information with us, we cannot provide you the Services. Some features, though, you may choose to not use, or enable, such as connecting the Services through social media, without impacting the Services.
Sometimes we share information with our trusted business partners so that they can offer you their services and recommend healthy life style choices. We only share this information with them if you have authorized us to share it with them. You don’t have to provide us with authorization to do so, and you may revoke any such authorization at any point.
From time to time, we may send email to you explaining our services, or services of our partners. You may opt out of receiving those emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in those email messages.
8. What Do We Do to Keep Your Information Secure?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures common in the industry to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Services. These safeguards include, but are not limited to: data encryption, firewalls, auditing tools, unique user IDs/passwords, and similar controls. Please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
9. What About Children?
We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 through our Services. The Services are not directed towards children under age 13. If you believe that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 through the Services, please contact us and we will take steps to remove that data from our systems.
10. Where Do We Store Your Data?
The Services are intended for a United States audience. If you access the Services from outside the U.S., your information will be transferred to and processed by a server located within the U.S., and subject to U.S. laws and regulations.
11. California Disclosure Laws
California Civil code § 1798.83 provides certain rights to California residents, including the right to request information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes. To request such information, please contact us as described below.
12. How Do You Contact Us?
Attn: Privacy Officer
1635 Hennepin Ave Suite 200,
Minneapolis, MN 55403